Cardboard Castles and Other Amenities...

I am really interested in using different forms of cultural action to help build better communities. Communities are a vital social model, allowing us to tackle problems beyond the ability of individuals with the focus of a defined (usually relatively small) group of people. How do the arts and cultural work in general help communities grow more sustainable futures? If you have a cool website or project or your own ideas on these subjects please let me know.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

I Am A Big Fan


I just listened to another of Caroline Casey’s radio shows and as usual it blew my mind. I first came across Casey’s work when my brother sent me a tape of hers (rather “randomly”) and I have been hooked ever since. Casey blends many different knowledge systems, including astrology, myth (from many different cultures), linguistically analysis, and traditional news to talk about how to manifest a better world.

Much of her point is that there are intelligent forces that can, and must be tapped to create a just sustainable world. Astrology, myth, and linguistics are all methods for tapping these forces. These intelligences are there to help us manifest, that is imagine, create, and appreciate, the stories we wish to be true.

I don’t do justice to her work. I highly recommend you check out one (or more) of her radio shows.

(Picture Credit: www.coyotenetworknews.com)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home