Cardboard Castles and Other Amenities...

I am really interested in using different forms of cultural action to help build better communities. Communities are a vital social model, allowing us to tackle problems beyond the ability of individuals with the focus of a defined (usually relatively small) group of people. How do the arts and cultural work in general help communities grow more sustainable futures? If you have a cool website or project or your own ideas on these subjects please let me know.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Green Building 101


I saw this neat series on Inhabitat.com, called “Green Building 101: Materials & Resources, Part I & II.” It is a very informative and concise summary of how to build more environmental buildings. It is very easy and clear to read, obviously written for people who are actually doing construction who need some help being green.


One of the things I have not seen a lot of consciousness about in the art projects I have been apart of is the environmental impact of the materials used. This was certainly not one of my top priorities when I was directing The Laramie Project. However, as we move into a time when artists are going to be forced to respond to the impacts of the environmental degradation humans have caused, it would seem only logical to practice what we will have to preach.


I will let you know when the next segment of the series is posted.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home